Thursday, July 14, 2005

One More Reason To Hate Mariah


Not that anyone really needs another reason to loathe her (1,000s exist already). But her latest take on why the craptacular album 'Glitter' flopped in 2001 is simultaneously absurd and offensive. When asked "What went wrong?" the inflatable diva responded:

"Glitter was ahead of its time – today it's 'in' to make 80's music. But the timing was bad - I released it around September 11 2001. The talk shows needed something to distract from 9/11. I became a punching bag. I was so successful that they tore me down because my album was at number 2 instead of number 1. The media was laughing at me and attacked me." - Stereogum

What a twit.

3 Comments:

At 14:05, Blogger Johnny Wadd said...

Could she be any more self-absorbed?

 
At 18:26, Blogger Mitch said...

Absurd and offensive, well put.

 
At 07:39, Blogger Helen said...

Hate is a strong word and I avoid it but she really drives me nuts! What a........never mind. :)
Peace..............

 

Post a Comment

<< Home