Thursday, June 23, 2005

Look Back In Anger


Noel Gallagher offers his enlightened view of the Live8 concert series:

"Correct me if I am wrong, but are they hoping that one of these guys from the G8 is going to see Annie Lennox singing Sweet Dreams and think 'f**k me, she might have a point there'.Or Keane doing Somewhere Only We Know and some Japanese businessman looks at him and says 'we should really drop that debt, you know'.It isn't going to happen is it?" - Ananova

Generally, I'm not one to agree with the often-feuding Gallaghers (a little too pissy, even for me) but he kind of has a point. I fully support raising awareness but this isn't exactly a grass-roots political movement. The total cost to put on these shows must be in the millions and I can't help but wonder if it will do a damn thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home