Monday, June 27, 2005

Capitalism Ate My Children

Sorry, I couldn't find an image that did the following story justice. I tried typing various forms of 'money-grubbing spawn of lucifer' and 'evil capitalist mastermind' into Google Images but to no avail. Before I continue, I'd just like to point out that I'm as much of a consumer as the next guy and I thoroughly enjoy North America's little free market economy. That being said this feels a little wrong, in a "My dad's a capitalist pimp" kind of way (original was in caps):
WE'RE PLANNING ON TRAVELING AROUND THE US THIS SUMMER AND ARE SELLING AD SPACE-- ON US--TO FUND OUR FAMILY VACATION! THE MORE MONEY WE RAISE, THE MORE PLACES WE CAN VISIT. AD SPACE AVAILABLE ON A DAILY BASIS (I.E. $100 PER PERSON (5 PERSONS) PER DAY) FOR 2 ADULTS AND 3 CHILDREN: AGES 30, 29, AND GIRLS 4, 3 AND 12 MONTHS. ADVERTISING INCLUDES TASTEFUL HATS, T-SHIRTS, JACKETS OR BABY/ KIDS GEAR. ADVERTISING WOULD INCLUDE WEAR OF YOUR LOGO, WEB SITE, ETC - Ebay.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home