Thursday, June 02, 2005

Me Fail English? That's Unpossible


If the few trillion dollars (and rising) of national debt doesn't make you question the current administration then the Fearless Leader's mangling of the English language should. I'd like to think I caught this one, but I'd be lying. From Tuesday's press conference:
It seemed like to me they based some of their decisions on the word of -- and the allegations -- by people who were held in detention, people who hate America, people that had been trained in some instances to disassemble -- that means not tell the truth. - George W. Bush
Hmmm..'Disassemble'? I think he means 'dissemble'. Thanks to BoingBoing for pointing out the gaffe.

Disassemble:
1 : to come apart
2 : DISPERSE, SCATTER

Dissemble:

1 : to hide under a false appearance
2 : to put on the appearance of : SIMULATE

2 Comments:

At 17:22, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there, this is absolutely hilarious....

Im Muslim,and I hat the guy for obvious reasons but hey...why bother trying to do anything to him...

If he's already on SELF DISTRUCT:)

To Mr Bush... "We love your work:)"

 
At 22:31, Blogger Mitch said...

I think he embarrasses C students everywhere.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home